Sean's Research

Current PhD and Masters by Research Projects

Note: Currently hypersonics-related PhD or Masters projects are governed by Australian export control restrictions, which means it’s much easier for Australian students to do those projects than overseas students, who may experience visa difficulties.  Non-hypersonics projects (those concentrating on laser diagnostic development, biomedical applications or plasma physics) are potentially available to good students from any place.  Feel free to contact me via this site or my UNSW email address if you are interested in any of these projects, or if you have ideas of your own that fit in with my research areas.

In Australian Universities, PhDs typically come with scholarships.  Students will be offered candidature and tuition fee scholarship and living allowance through the Australian Government if they are well enough qualified.  Tuition fee scholarships are particularly important for overseas students as tuition fees for international students at Australian Universities are a significant expense.  My university has some good web pages for prospective International or Australian students that indicate the process for application.  If you are really a top student, you should look at UNSW’s Scientia PhD scholarships for high achievers. While I am happy to discuss technical aspects of projects, it’s best for prospective students to contact the University graduate school for procedural details.